WHAT TO BRING:
- 12 gauge or 10 gauge shotgun 3 inch, or 3-1/2 inch (each group should bring an extra gun)
- Waterproof camouflage
- Camouflage face mask
- White coveralls, or two piece white suit and face mask
- Big cooler for transporting birds home
- Warm gloves and leather gloves for setting decoys
- Alcoholic beverages
- Soft gun case for transportation during the hunt
Please feel free to email or call ahead of your hunt to double check if anything else is needed
* Be prepared for all types of weather
DOUBLE BARREL HUNTING LODGE HUNTING GUIDELINES
We want you to experience the best trip possible.
Consider shooting sporting clays prior to your trip. It will not only get you back into shooting form, but it will also let you know if your gun is having any issues. There are few things worse than a broken gun to ruin a hunt.
We welcome all furry hunting partners. Here are a few new guidelines:.
- There will be absolutely no dogs in the lodge. Not everyone plays nice with other dogs.
- There will be a warm place to crate your dog.
- Your dog must be kennelled while transporting to the blinds.
- You are responsible for caring for and cleaning up after your dog.
- All dogs in the field must be in a dog blind and staked down. You will be responsible for bringing your dogs own blind and stake. You will want to make sure your dog is accustomed to the blind too prior to the hunt.
- We ask that your dog is capable of a minimum 100-yard blind retrieve in the goose field
- Only one dog will be allowed in the field at a time, as there is no need for multiple dogs. For groups with more than one dog, we'll rotate dogs through the hunts.
- If at any time the guide feels the dog is detrimental to the hunt you will be informed, and if it persists, you will be asked to take the dog to the vehicle.